Re: how to direct received mail directly to the home dir??

We have been using procmail.  We first compiled procmail with delivery to
home directory $HOME/.mail.  We then configured sendmail to use procmail
as the local delivery agent.  Then compiled qpopper (or other POP server)
to pick up mail from $HOME/.mail.

It has worked fine for us the past couple of months.  I've never tried
using deliver or mail.local to do this, but I'm pretty sure it can be
done.

.ronn

On Mon, Aug 03, 1998 at 07:17:17PM -0300, Carlos Carvalho wrote:
> I'd like to set things up so that incomming mail goes directly to the
> user home dir, instead of sitting in /var/spool/mail. How can this be
> done? Can sendmail do it directly or I have to use deliver/procmail
> for this?
>
> Carlos
>

> --

Ronn@iDream.COM
 and in your eyes i see a million candles burning bright.