Re: change from fvwm95 to kde?

On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, Edward J Young wrote:

> I installed Debian 2.0 with fvwm95 as the window manager. I'd now like to
> use kde. I installed all the packages and am able to run kde, but it seems
> to be running on top of fvwm95.
>
> How can I change the window manager to kde?
>
> Where is the window manager invoked?
It's on /etc/X11/window-managers.

I tried KDE Beta4 debianized by a KDE developer.  It's quite good but I
have to invoke KDE in /etc/X11/window-managers.

try to edit that file and put:

/usr/X11R6/startkde

on the first line

> Thanx in advance.
>
> Ed
>

> --

                  /\  Richard L. Alhama, Technical Support
 ,,''             \/  Cyberspace Laoag,ISP
  ``,,                http://www2.cyberspace.com.ph/~keyoz
"Overuse of the smiley is a mark of loserhood!" --The Jargon File
  *''