Re: xemacs not starting unless connected to the net

nfn11988@naples.net (Keith) writes:
| My xemacs does not start unless I am connected to the internet. I do not
| use emacs for anything that needs me connected to the Net. I am assuming that
| it has something to do with the email part of xemacs is there a way
| to make it not try adn dial the net everytime I open xemacs. Regular
| emacs works fine.

Is it not coming up at all, or is it just taking a long time, like
minutes, to come up? Try it from the command line and give it a few
minutes. If it does eventually come up then it's probably a problem
with DNS on your machine. Do a

hostname

and make sure you have a line in your /etc/hosts file that looks like:

127.0.0.1	<hostname> localhost

where <hostname> is whatever name is reported when you run the
hostname command.

Gary