Re: Netscape 4.05

*-Russ Cook (22 Jul)
| I tried removing libnullplugin.so, as suggested, but the problem persists.

Did you quit and restart Netscape after doing so?

| Also, I noticed a problem similar to one reported here a while back -
| entering
| info into a text box (such as a Yahoo search criteria) generates
| superfluous
| characters which mess up the search and cause error windows to pop up.

Anders Hammarquist <iko@netg.se> responded with this to that post of
mine:
#### Andres ######
It's a bug in Netscape, however there is a cure. If you set
LD_PRELOAD to /lib/libBrokenLocale.so.1 the problems go away. If you
are using the Debian wrapper, the easiest way to get it set is to
edit /usr/bin/X11/netscape (it's a script). Look for the folloing
section and add the export LD_PRELOAD= line:

#
# Set some env vars to make things work better
#
#LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/netscape:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libBrokenLocale.so.1
MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/lib/netscape
NPX_PLUGIN_PATH=$HOME/.netscape/plugins:/usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins:/usr/lib/netscape/plugins
display=$DISPLAY
export MOZILLA_HOME NPX_PLUGIN_PATH display

if you are not using the wrapper, alias netscape to run
env LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libBrokenLocale.so.1 netscape
#### Andres ######

--
Brian