GREAT NEWS!!! Oracle 8 on Linux by 1999!

Oracle has just announced that they're porting Oracle 8/8.1 to the Linux/x86
platform and that it should be ready and commercially available by early
1999.

I'm sure some of you aren't happy with "commercial" applications, but I, for
one, am very excited about this.  Commercial support of Linux will make
great inroads for the Fortune 5000 markets, etc....

(I work for Baan Business Systems (Baan Company - www.baan.com ) and this
would be a great step towards putting Baan on Linux as well.  This I'd
*love* to see!  A great ERP solution with a great DB on a great OS!

For more information, check out the following PC Week article:
http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/news/0720/20morac.html

Regards,
Kevin Traas