repost: RE:XF86Setup

Sorry for the repost but none of my e-mail went out last night!!!

Geoff Brimhall wrote:

> the problem is a reported bug. The actual problem is that /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/compiled is a soft link which is set incorrectly. The soft link is set to /var/../xkb/, when it should be set to /var/.../xkb/compiled.

What would the proper soft link command be?  Would it be:

ln -s /var/lib/xkb/compiled/README /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/compiled
????

Sorry I'm kinda new to the soft/hard link thing (I have the basic idea,
it makes two names for one file and hardlinks cannot span separate file
systems).

Mark Panzer