Re: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Shiraz Sayani wrote:

> Thomas Apel wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Just for the record: I also got this beanie-baby-thing twice the last
> > month. But not from AOL. The first was from msn.com and the second from
> > fuse.net. But as "Somnolent" already said I'm not 100% sure if this is
> > somehow related to this list.
> >

> Yep. It's probably an occupational hazard of using the net these days.
>
> I only mentioned it here as I couldn't think of how else the B!*&%!$ds
> got my mail alias; I haven't posted anything else with this alias.

I'm sure my address was from one of my postings to this list, as I have an
account that's only for this list. Before that, I had the list-mail going
right into my own inbox, but after some days off I had to dig all through
my inbox of several hundreds of emails to see if there was something not
coming from the list... :-)
But sometimes I ask a question from my 'normal' account, and guess what: I
received the beanie stuff on both accounts... So if it's up to me I'd say
my addreses were taken from the list (or this list on usenet)

> So far, I've had 4 (from/subjects later if you're not interested)

Hmm.. strange, I had only the beanie one from msn.com (with strange, very
strange headers... received from A by B, received from C by B, etc)

--
Maarten Bezemer