Re: dual boot?? win98???

"Evan Van Dyke" <vandyke@bme.ri.ccf.org> writes:
> [...]

In fact this only works for the 2.0.34 kernel. Before 2.0.34 you had
to apply a patch to be able to read FAT32.

As with Evan I've been using a dual boot with Win98, with about 5 1GB
FAT32 partitions, and 1 900MB FAT16 partition, and haven't had any
trouble. However, there are reports on the kernel mailing list of
people getting corrupted FAT32 partitions if you do something from
linux that fills up that FAT32 partition.

So, I'd suggest caution if you're planning on copying/creating enough
files to/on a FAT32 partition, from linux, that it might fill that
partition. It seems to be problematic with the current FAT32 support.

Gary