Re: More Urgent HAMM Install help needed

Can't argue with you on any of your well made points ! Consider the lessons
(almost) learnt.

LESSON 1. Duly noted but (please note i am not at all ungrateful for your
advice) having had the true stupidity of my ways pointed out to me (using
the stable rather than the frozen dist) I really cannot help placing my
trust in the programmers once more.

However,  I HEREBY PROMISE,   no more questions until I have tried your way
( if the multi-Mb-download-install-do-everything-at-once method fails ).
I'm sure you and the many others have better things to do than talk to
someone who just won't listen !
(But hopefully you will help if both methods of installation fail)

LESSON 2.  OOOPs - windoze doesn't let me think much about how it does its
thing - i momentarily forgot that I even had a brain !

CONCLUSION. Sincerely thank you for your advice and a gentle, well needed
and humourous reprimand !

Sometimes us (soon-to-be ex-)windoze users need a good kick before we wake
up out of the micro$oft dream world of white clouds, blue skys and endless
propaganda about how good the system that doesn't work will be when it does
!!!

All the best and thank you again.

Ivan.