Re: kde (and K memory leak question)

Yep. KDE is still beta right now... the 1.0pre1 was released last week, but
afaik isn't debianized yet. If you're running the KDE build out of frozen, try
upgrading to beta4, in slink, as it fixes a few problems and is more stable.

On Thu, Jul 02, 1998 at 12:37:22AM -0500, Eric wrote:
> I too run K.  Doing a find for libkfm* I find
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libkfm.so.0.0.90 which has permissions -rw-r--r-- and is
> owned by root and group root.  I also find a symlink to it called
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libkfm.so.0.  K works fine for me, is that the same as your
> setup?
>
> I also have another question about K.  I seem to be experiencing fairly
> signifigant memory leaks from it.  I started and quit X a few times today and
> ended up losing about 5 megs of memory somewhere.  I've run other window
> managers and this doesn't happen.  Does anyone else experience this?
>
> On Wed, 01 Jul 1998, Greg Norris wrote:
> >I installed kde earlier today, along with all of the dependant and
> >associated packages.  When I try to start X, however, I get the following
> >messages dumped to ~/.xsession-errors:
> >
> >----------
> >kwm: error in loading shared libraries
> >libkfm.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> --
>  _____  _
> | ____|(_)
>      |__/
>

> --

| ian eure, network admin, freelance security consultant, and  |
| manically depressed paranoid schizophrenic, at your service. |
;           <ieure@minion.org> - http://minion.org             ;
:           raw speed = 105.6 wpm with 4.5% errors             :