Linked against libc5 AND libc6?

Hi there, I've got an odd problem ...

I'll ask the questions first:

What can I do about a binary that is linked against libc5 and libc6?  It
(of course) segfaults every time I try to run it.

Now, the explanation:

We recently purchased a Bay Networks 8000 Remote Access Concentrator.
This box needs a UNIX (or NT) machine behind it for authentication
purposes.  Bay distributes a CD with the software on it - amazingly,
Linux binaries were pre-built (good thing since the source wouldn't
compile, but that's a question for a different list).

The pre-built binaries are linked against libc5 and libc6.  I'm not too
sure why they did this, but I had to set up a bo box to get this to
work.  (Perhaps they were thinking that a libc6 box wouldn't have
libc5.so installed?)

kepler:/usr/annex $ ldd erpcd
        libdb.so.2 => /lib/libdb.so.2 (0x4000a000)
        libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5 (0x40018000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x400d6000)
        ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40179000)

At any rate, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to prevent this
thing from trying to load either of the shared libs.  I don't understand
shared libraries and all that underlying stuff to well yet, so go easy
on me :)

If it's a flat "No Way In Hell", that's ok - I'll just have to get this
source to compile under libc5 OR libc6, right?

Sorry for being ignorant on this stuff - I'm trying to learn it.  Thanks
in advance ...

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104