XF86Setup

Hi,
  I'm having problems getting XF86Setup to setup up X properly.  First, let
me give you my system info.

Graphics Card:Cirrus Logic GD6420
VRAM:1 MB

Now, there's a couple things to know about this card.  First, it allows a
'dual monitor' mode.  It's on a laptop, and I can plug a crt into the
computer.  Now, I can either use LCD(on the laptop), CRT, or both.  The
driver doesn't allow me to change.  I have to do that with the BIOS setup.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to enter BIOS.  Texas Instruments had a
software program that entered setup(and that was for DOS).  OK, so
currently, I'm using dual-mode.  In that mode, I can only run 640x480x256.
This is my current aim.  According to the documentation, I have to use
640x480@60hz w/25.175 dot clock when using SimulScan.  I go into VideoCard
setup(detailed setup), and choose SVGA driver from top.  Then, I tell it to
use cl6420(I'm assuming that's the clgd6420 driver).  Also, I selected
clgd6420 from the front videocard menu from the list on the left.  OK, I
then have it probe the RAMDAC and the other thing on the upper right hand
corner(forgot what that was)  I tell it to probe the bottom RAMDAC
thing(where it initially says 60).  I have 1 MB VRAM, so I tell it to use 1
MB.
For the monitor, my monitor book says to use:

31.5KHz for horizontal frequency
59.9Hz for vertical freq.
FOR 640x480 VGA mode.

However...  When I use the OSD controls, the mode says that I'm using 32KHz
horiz. and 60.2Hz vertical.  I've tried both of these and can't seem to get
it to work. Which one do you think I should use?  The book or what the
screen says. Oh, I've got a ProView 17" monitor if that helps at all.

I have gotten X setup on my LCD.  But I never saved the config file, because
the CRT didn't work(just blanks out).  Otherwise, the other two things that
happen are 1) CRT Blanks out, and LCD gets all screwy(can't read it, weird
image/pattern) or 2)tries to start server, tries twice, then kicks me out
with message like 'Xservererror, Errno=1(I think it might be 1)  If the
error message can help, I'll be willing to post that if anyone needs to see
it.  Also, where can I get this(I'm assuming there's a log file somewhere
that has that info)  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I just want to
get X working(I'm sure it can).  Sorry this is so long, but I figured I'd
try to get as much info here as possible.

Peace,
-dave