Re: Getting info from Win '95 before removing it

In article <87ra3ea68t.fsf@cush.dyn.ml.org>, Daniel Martin at cush
<dtm12@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu> writes
>Ian Lynagh <ian@lynagh.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
>> On the release of Hamm I will be taking Win'95 off my 486 and replacing
>> it with Linux (BTW, does 40 meg swap partition sound about right for
>> 8 megs of RAM (total HD size=340MB)?).
>
>It sounds much too big.  I would definitely NOT have swap space more
>than about twice my physical memory.

16 megs it is then.

>> Before removing Win'95 is there anywhere I can get any information
>> which may be useful to Linux? I have printed a full report from device
>> manager.
>
>You'll probably want to also get information specific to your isp -
>mainly, you'll want the IP addresses of the DNS servers (this will be
>under the "properties" of TCP/IP networking in the network control
>panel), and of course things like what number to dial.

I have all this sort of stuff on other computers. What I was worried
about was the lack of hardware manuals, but dad has found the monitor
and video card manuals now so I think I probably have everything I
need now  :-)

TTYL
Ian
--
Ian Lynagh - ian@lynagh.demon.co.uk
http://home.sn.no/~balchen/igloo/

If nothing ever sticks to TEFLON, how do they make TEFLON stick to the pan?