Re: Starting X-Windows >8bpp

> Can anyone tell me how to start X-Windows at greater than 8bpp.  I am
> using XFree86 and using an X Server which is capable of this.

    Try the following from the user account that you want to use
for X windows viewing.

cd
touch .xserverrc

[Then use the editor of your choice to edit .xserverrc]

[With the editor, save the following .xserverrc file in your
/home/user directory.]

exec X :0 -bpp 16

     That should allow you to view with 16-bit color, and you
may adapt it for the other color depths (if any) that your video
card allow.  I suspect that there may be other ways of doing it,
also.

Art Lemasters