Re: grep problems hamm

On Sat, 4 Apr 1998 kevina@clark.net wrote:

> I am having a problem with grep.  I can't get it to output ANYTHING!
> No matter what I try it just returns to me in a split second.  This
> happens both with I specify files and when I use stdin or a pipe.

Yes, the current grep in hamm is broken, there is a newer version that is
still in debian-incoming. Check the Debian website for a link to a mirror
of incoming near you or you should be able to grab it at
ftp.shorelink.com/pub if you can not find it anywhere else.  Try not to
grab it from my ftp if you can avoid it though, that system has been a
little flaky with disk i/o.

> I installed hamm fresh via ftp with out any trace of the old debain
> except for file I saved in my home dir.  Also, today a hole bunch of
> packages updated themselves via dpkg-ftp.
>
> I believe grep was working before the update today but I am not sure.
>
> If it is relevant I also recompiled the kernel (2.0.33) with ip_masq
> support.
>

> --

George Bonser
Just be thankful that Microsoft does not manufacture pharmaceuticals.
http://www.debian.org