X11R6.4 and Debian

>From comp.os.linux.development.system

>This is from the official announce of X11 R6.4:
>
> With the release of X11R6.4 there will be a commercial use licensing
> fee associated with the X Window System technology.  This new licensing
> structure will continue to provide the research, application
> development and hobbiest communities with the same value it always has
> without a fee.  And, it will help assure the continued evolution of the
> X Window System program with the support of those companies who build
> their businesses from this technology.

How will this influence the composition of future versions of Debian?
IIRC, a current topic on debian-user has been that non-free works are not
included in the official debian distribution; if X11R6.4 becomes non-free,
would that mean that X11R6.4 would no longer be distributed with Debian
(at least not on official CD-ROM's)?

IMHO not including X11R6.4 would be a major barrier to new users trying
out Debian.

This is added incentive to further classify the non-free group, I believe.

marco

--
   mpa@squawk.klue.on.ca  Life is like a bad margarita with good tequila,
http://squawk.klue.on.ca  I thought, as I poured whiskey onto my granola