Re: forwarded message from Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella

Manoj Srivastava writes:

> Hi,
>>> "Luiz" == Luiz Otavio L Zorzella <zorzella@conexware.com> writes:

Luiz> I posted this question in debian-user list, and was advised to
Luiz> post in this list, because you have supposedelly just decided to
Luiz> remove from the .deb packages a feature that would allow this to
Luiz> be accomplished.

> 	Firstly, it was decided that to implement the feature, we
>  would need data in a different format than was previously included in
>  the packages. We just have not yet put the solution into the policy
>  document yet (we do have an implementation).

> 	In the meanwhile, instead of dpkg -l; try this; used with no
>  arguments, it gives the size of all installed packages,

__> ./pkg-size.pl

Your script is just what I needed! I'd suggest (since it looks to be
pretty simple) to incorporate this functionality in dpkg. People will
like it!

THANKS!

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
zorzella@conexware.com          http://www.conexware.com