newbie ppp.....i need help

look like you've got the same problem as me when i choose to ditch win95
and go for Linux,you need 3 files for hooking PPP to a Linux box:

rule no.1-:the PPP HOWTO say that you dont normaly have to touch (read:
edit) the file /etc/ppp/options ,but the one you wrote (King) should not
cause problem to your setup.

rule no.2-:the 3 files needed are called /etc/ppp.chatscript,
/etc/ppp.options_out and /etc/resolv.conf,here's the template for doing
them:

/etc/ppp.chatscript------------------------------------

ABORT        BUSY
ABORT        "NO CARRIER"
ABORT        VOICE
ABORT        "NO DIALTONE"
""           ATDT(your ISP phone number here)
ogin         (your login name,ask your isp for it if you dont know it)
word         (your password)

/etc/ppp.options_out------------------------------------

/dev/ttyS1 115200
noipdefault
modem
crtscts
defaultroute

p.s.the first line is my serial number and the baud rate for my modem (a
33.6) for a 14 400,you should use a 38 400 baud rate and replace my serial
number for the one you modem is connected with.

search . (the . is clearly a DOT,you'd better include it)
nameserver 255.255.255.255 (this line is bogus,replace the 255.255.255.255
with the one your ISP use,if you dont know what it is,call your ISP and
ask for the address of the DNS server.)

if there's anything else you have problem,feel free to mail me,hope to
have helped !!
Alain