Re: Slackware--->Debian

On Mon, Mar 02, 1998 at 03:31:54PM -0700, Holden Caulfield wrote:
> I am very new to LINUX so I apologize for the insignificance of this question.  I have Slackware installed on my computer and want to get rid of it so I can install Debian 1.3.1 rev.  Is there a LINUX equivalent to the DOS format command or is there some special process I need to follow in order to remove slackware from my system.

mformat
fdformat

To remove slackware in favour of Debian?  Just boot off from a
Debian floopy or cdrom and don't forget to 'create file system'
on the old disks.  You may want to re-partition, too.  There
is no need to format the disk before the above two.

Regards,

	Joey

--
  / Martin Schulze                      http://home.pages.de/~joey/