hamm bugs

I tried to install the `hamm' distribution today on a fresh installation.
Is that not possible yet? Anyway, I encountered the following problems
during installation which might be of value to someone:

* The disk partitioning program did not work. When I created a maximum
  size partition it said it was 1 MB large. It also said that the previous
  partition (which I deleted) was 1 MB (it was not). The disk is 500 MB.
  I used the original `fdisk' program in another console and it worked.

*  The `adduser' program doesn't work. When I specify a user name and
   hit enter it responds with an error message that no user name was
   specified, and asks me for user name again. I had to kill the script.

* Install by FTP did not work. It says "Perl 5.002 required--this is
  only version 5.00404" ... "stopped /usr/lib/perl5/vars.pm line 3"
  ... "BEGIN failed"..."FTP.pm line 14" ... "exit status 2".
  NFS seems to work though (tried ftp.leidenuniv.nl).

* Gives me some error messages about "broken pipe" when I have specified
  the NFS server and directory, but I don't think they are serious
  because installation continues.

* There are very strange dependencies. "libc5 depends on libc6
  (>=2.0.4-1)" and "libc6 conflicts with libc5 (<<5.4.33-7)". Does this
  mean that it's impossible to install libc5? However, many programs
  depends on libc5. Installation aborts at the "[I]nstall" stage from
  dselect because of this (I believe).

* dselect is weird. Sometimes it unmounts the NFS-directory, sometimes
  not. If it is already mounted, "[I]nstall" compains that the directory
  already is mounted and won't continue. After trying a few times and
  getting stuck on the libc5 depencies, now it gives me
  "internal error - no filename at -e line 12, <P> chunk 16.".

Is hamm installable or should I stick to that old version?

  // Jonas <job@abc.se> [2:201/262.37]