Problem

Hi

I'm trying to install a Linux version 2.0.29 on my PC with the following configuration:

Motherboard Soyo 430 TX
Pentium 200MHz
32 MB RAM
HD 2 GB Conner (Primary Master)
HD 1 GB Seagate (Secondary Master)
CD Sound Blaster ATAPI (Primary slave)

In the 2 GB disk I have installed Win95 and I tried to install Linux on the second disk (1 GB) putting LiLo in the first disk MBR.
When I rebooted after installation I received the message "Bad CRC - System halted" at the boot time. If I install LiLo in the 1 sector of the second disk I receive the message (booting with the second disk) "LI" and LiLo hangs up (I suppose that LI is part of the message that LiLo shows at boot time).

After this, I tried to boot from a floppy, but when I go to the Linux partition there are so many errors and the system forced me to run fcsk.ext2 without -b option. When I run this system utility I get so many i-node errors.

I suppose that Linux have problems with 1 GB disks.

Does anyone know something about this error ?
Could somebody help me ?

Please, reply to jleyba@usa.net (I'm not subscribed to this list !!!)

Thanks in advance !

Javier Leyba
Reggae Ambassadors Worldwide

Member #634
Forwarding the reggae vibe...everytime !!!