Re: Kernel compilation

Hi,

	I assume you have set the root device for the kernel image on
 the floppy correctly? (man rdev). If not, the kernl maybe mounting
 the wrong partition aas teh root device and failing ;-( (though I'm
 not sure it would fail in the manner you describe; I think it is a
 possibility).

	As to floppies, I would think that formatting the floppy with
 Superformat, and then using dd to transfer the image should work
 fine.

	manoj
--
 "I swear -- by my life and my love for it -- that I will never live
 for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."