Re: procmail and folders

Catalin Popescu <cpopescu@ottonel.pub.ro> writes:

> Here they are: my problem is that the _all_my_mail_ disappears and I'm not
> able to found it.
>

> ######### procmailrc file
>
> ### Some of this taken from
> ### the help G. Branden Robinson <branden@purdue.edu>
> ### posted on the debian-user list.
>
> PATH=/bin:/usr/bin
> MAILDIR=/home/cpopescu/mail         # you'd better make sure it exists
> DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/cpopescu    # completely optional
> LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/logfile         # recommended
>
> # I use the FROM header because if it comes from the listserver I want it
> #   in debian,  and if it's cc'd to me,  I want the cc'd copy in INBOX
> ### This sends all mail from the debian lists to debian
>
> :0:
> * ^Resent-From.*debian-user
> debian

[...]

Could you run "dos2unix .forward .procmailrc". I don't know, if the ^M are
bad, but better remove them.

Add the line
VERBOSE=on
to the beginning of the .procmailrc.

Then retrieve mails and check:

1. is /home/cpopescu/mail/logfile empty ? If not: what does it say?
2. Mails from the debian-user list will go to /home/cpopescu/mail/debian
   Does this file exist? Does it have content?
3. Other mail (non-debianlists) will go to your mailspool.
   Check this with:

mail -s testmail cpopescu
a test
.

This testmessage should be appended to your mailspool.
tail /var/spool/mail/cpopescu should show it.

Ciao,
	Martin