Cann't get on old system

Hi,

This is a strange problem.  I have an old debian system being used as an
router.  It is Debian 0.98.  Evidently, the getty program must be corrupt
because I can not get access to the system from the console (nor remote since I
disabled the inetd for security).  Is there a way to get into the system?  I
lost the 0.98 boot floppy and the Debian 1.3 boot floppy will not mount the
file system.  What is my next step?  Any suggestions?

Richard A. Guay
Network Administrator
ASIC International Inc.
rag@asicint.com