Interrupts and serial ports

I have a SIIG serial port ISA card so I can add on two more serial
ports.

I was looking through /etc/rc.boot/0setserial to see how everything is
configured, and I noticed that in the manual configuration section, it
attempts to setup the "COM1/3" and "COM2/4" ports to irq's 4 and 3,
respectively.  I've read the howto's and the docs that came with the
card, and everything is quite clear... "One serial port, one interrups."

My question-- does Linux support shared serial port interrupts in any
way?

The 0setserial file confused me a bit on this.

Thanks for any input.

-dh