Rundown on Netscape .deb packages?

Can someone give a quick rundown on the various Netscape packages out
there? I think knowing what to download and what is needed will clear up a
lot of confusion (at least for me :)

Here are some examples from the [frozen] list:
communicator-base-45 4.5-1 [non-free]
	Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (base support)
communicator-dmotif-45 4.5-1 [non-free]
	Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (full dynamic Motif version)
communicator-nethelp-45 4.5-1 [non-free]
	Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (runtime help files)
communicator-smotif-45 4.5-1 [non-free]
	Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (full static Motif version)
communicator-spellchk-45 4.5-1 [non-free]
	Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (spelling dictionary)
navigator-base-45 4.5-1 [non-free]
	Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (base support)
navigator-dmotif-45 4.5-1 [non-free]
	Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (full dynamic Motif version)
navigator-nethelp-45 4.5-1 [non-free]
	Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (runtime help files)
navigator-smotif-45 4.5-1 [non-free]
	Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (full static Motif version)
netscape-base-45 4.5-1 [non-free]
	Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (base support)
netscape-java-45 4.5-1 [non-free]
	Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (java runtime files)
netscape4 4.0-15 [contrib]
	Popular World-Wide-Web browser software (installer)

Hmmm...this may be why so many people have questions about installing
netscape, it's confusing to begin with. It would be helpful to get
explainations of what each package actually is. Everything I've found on
them has been insufficient, except for the dependencies. (I know some of
the packages are obvious, but I included them for those who would like to
know).

There ia also a .tar.gz file that has to be downloaded from
ftp.netscape.com, but there are two versions: libc5(supported) and
glibc2(unsupported). Which one?

Later,
_) Craig McDaniel
_)_) cpmcdaniel@netscape.net