Re: Is there SSLftp available as a debian package?

On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 13:57:56 +0100, Wojciech Zabolotny wrote:
> I can't find the sslftp in the debian non-US archives... Why?

Because noone packaged it. I looked into it a long time ago, and it looked
like it was based on fairly old BSD source. As several security
vulnerabilities in ftp and ftpd have been found over the last years, I
suspect it would be quite a lot of work to fix sslftp up. And as plain ftp
is quite unfriendly, lftp or so should be made to work with SSL for a
comfortable interface.

Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.