Installation problem: HAMM CD structure

Hi

After 5 years of NT only, I decided to have a look at Linux again. My
old Slackware disk was way outdated so I downloaded Debian.

I downloaded SLINK, made a CD copy of the files, installed, got to the
point of installing the packages, and then the install failed with
dependency errors.

So I downloaded HAMM. To be sure things will go my way, I want to make
sure the CD directory structure matches the official CD structure

Note that I am building these CD's on my Office NT box so I cant use
any Linux CD packaging tools.

Is the directory structure important?
If so, what is the structure, or where can I get a look at it?

Regards

Pieter Viljoen
Tel: +27 (11) 235-7312
Fax: +27 (11) 235-7307