Re: debian-cd package broken? (hamm)

Pann McCuaig wrote:
> OK, I have a few questions.  Background:
>
> We have a mirror (debian.ssc.com for those on the west coast who hadn't
> noticed) which makes on-site installs a breeze. However, we have
> employees who'd like to install Debian at home, so I thought "Gee, we
> have a mirror, why don't I just burn a CD or two?"
>
> Question 1:  Why??
>
> hamm: debian-cd_2.0.3.deb

	Yes.

> slink: debian-cd_2.0.2.deb

	NO!

Don't even think about trying to use debian-cd for it.  Please subscribe
to debian-cd@lists.debian.org.  A new method of creating slink cds is
being developed there.  The hamm package debian-cd is useless for this
and will be removed from slink.

> Question 2: (the words "hack" and "frozen" both make me nervous in this
>              context)

They do?  Maybe some valium may help... :)

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi