Re: Upgrade to slink

Shao Zhang wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	I am thinking about upgrading from hamm to slink via modem. But I
> am not sure how to do it..
>
> 	Could someone please point me out some documents to read or give
> me some suggestions?

Use "apt-get upgrade-dist" (or upgrade dist), there is an option for
it.  Since hamm and slink are not that different, you can also just
switch your paths in dselect to point to slink and run select once and
install and configure a few times.  Be careful, you'll need to manually
select packages like xterm and nfs-server since the former packgaes
were splitted.

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi