Re: ISDN: using Home Highway

hi

Ship's Log, Lt. Andrew Wilson, Stardate 271298.0247:

> The board I'm using is one marketed by British Telecom, they call it "BT
> Speedway ISDN PCI Card" it appears to be have been produced by a German
> company and the included software for windows was written by AVM-GmbH.
> The Board uses the Siemans 2168 chip and may be supported by
> the Hisax driver.

Ok, I have a AVM Fritzkard, donnow if that's what you have.

First compile your Kernel with ISDN:

    <M> ISDN support
    [*] Support synchronous PPP
    [*] Use VJ-compression with synchronous PPP
    [ ] Support generic MP (RFC 1717)
    [*] Support audio via ISDN
    <M> ICN 2B and 4B support
    <M> isdnloop support
    <M> PCBIT-D support
    <M> HiSax SiemensChipSet driver support
    [*] HiSax Support for EURO/DSS1
    [*] Support for german tarifinfo
    [*] HiSax Support for german 1TR6
    [*] HiSax Support for AVM A1 (Fritz)
    <?> AVM-B1 with CAPI2.0 support

The first depend also on whatever your ISP suports. (I think :)

> I have been able to get the board working with Windows 95, It gave the
> following information
>
> 	I/O address	6100
> 	IRQ		11
> 	Protocol	DSS1
>
> Can anyone offer any ideas as to how I can get this board to work with
> Linux?

The next is to write a file in /etc/modutils with this line in it:

options hisax type=5 protocol=2 io=0x6100 irq=11

See also /usr/src/linux/Documentation/isdn/README.HiSax

Then change /etc/isdn/* to fit your needs. (It'll be handy to have some
informations from your ISP about protocolls and stuff)

Hope that'll work :)

Oh...
You should also consider installing isdnutils :-)
GReetings
--
Alexander N. Benner - Nikodemus@innocent.com - address and more in the header

       A heart full of love is better then a body full of people.
   If a tomato is growing out of your forehead, it makes you thinking.
 There are many things we don't know - I myself don't know much - but one
       thing I know .... well, that what I just said.   THE TICK