Re: What can I use to un-zip an M$-DOS *.zip file

On Sat, Dec 26, 1998 at 08:09:38AM -0800, jpjevans@earthlink.net wrote:

> Folks,
>
> 	The subject pretty well says it all. Many files on the network are compressed using pkzip for M$DOS.
> What utilitites are available in Linux to un-zip such things?

Unzip is in the Non-Free distribution. Although Info-Zip's copyright is very
liberal, it's not quite DFSG compliant. There's also a version with
encryptation support in the non-US archives.

mothra:~$ dpkg --print-avail unzip
Package: unzip
Section: non-free/utils
Installed-Size: 232
Maintainer: Santiago Vila <sanvila@ctv.es>
Architecture: i386
Version: 5.32-1
Replaces: unzip-crypt
Depends: libc6
Suggests: zip
Conflicts: unzip-crypt
Filename: dists/stable/non-free/binary-i386/utils/unzip_5.32-1.deb
Size: 124578
MD5sum: 4ed8a4269a98b59c35390287394e51f2
 InfoZIP's unzip program, packaged for Debian GNU/Linux. With the exception
 of multi-volume archives (ie, .ZIP files that are split across several
 disks using PKZIP's /& option), this can handle any file produced either
 by PKZIP, or the corresponding InfoZIP zip program.

your pal dave

--
Dave Thayer
Denver, Colorado USA