Re: Communicator Installation

> I believe I did this already by going through dselect.  Selecting the
> Netscape4 install program, after copying the communicator-v45...tar.gz
> file to /tmp.  That didn't work.  What you are sugesting seems to be the
> same except in my case dselect used dpkg.  If I am not correct in this
> please let me know.

I think you posted to the list before that you got an error:

gzip:stdin:unexpected end of file
tar: unexpected EOF on archive file
tar: Child returned status 1

This is most likely because the communicator file you downloaded was
corrupted.  That is, it wasn't downloaded properly.

I recommend that you try downloading it again with the "ncftp" command.
You need to install the ncftp package, then do
    ncftp ftp.netscape.com

then cd to the appropriate directory and download the communicator
file again.  Ncftp tends to be quite good for downloading.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.

P.S. I'm about to go on holidays, so you will have to rely on others on
the list to help you further.