Re: Communicator Installation

>To: "KTB ." <prairie37@hotmail.com>
>Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>Subject: Re: Communicator Installation
>Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 09:09:40 +1030
>From: Mark Phillips <mark@ist.flinders.edu.au>

I believe I did this already by going through dselect.  Selecting the
Netscape4 install program, after copying the communicator-v45...tar.gz
file to /tmp.  That didn't work.  What you are sugesting seems to be the
same except in my case dselect used dpkg.  If I am not correct in this
please let me know.
Thanks,
Merry Christmas!
Kent

<snip>
>You should not use tar!  You said you had the file:
>     /root/communicator-v45-export.x86-unknown-linux2.0.tar.gz
>
>You need to copy this over to the /tmp directory, ie do
>    cp /root/communicator-v45-export.x86-unknown-linux2.0.tar.gz /tmp
>
>Then you need to get hold of the netscape4 package from debian and
>put it somewhere - it will be called something like
"netscape4_4.0-12.deb".