Re: Communicator Installation

> I don't have my notes in front of me but the "netscape-unpacked.9955"
> came from using a command 'tar <some other letters>
> communicator-v45....' According to Sudhakar's instructions something
> like that was supposed to happen and I needed to use dpkg -i on
> "netscape-unpacked.9955."  If I understood him correctly.

You should not use tar!  You said you had the file:
     /root/communicator-v45-export.x86-unknown-linux2.0.tar.gz

You need to copy this over to the /tmp directory, ie do
    cp /root/communicator-v45-export.x86-unknown-linux2.0.tar.gz /tmp

Then you need to get hold of the netscape4 package from debian and
put it somewhere - it will be called something like "netscape4_4.0-12.deb".

Suppose you put it in /root.  Then to install netscape you would do
    dpkg --install /root/netscape4_4.0-12.deb

This would automatically look in the /tmp directory, find the communicator
file, and install it nicely for you.

At least I think this is correct.

Merry Christmas,

Mark.