Re: "Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs..."

      I went through "make config" again while reading the
"Configure help file for the source (along with making
the image and the other processes), and, upon boot, the new
kernel got as far as
VFS: root fs mounted [...]

then it simply stopped.  ...anyone have any info that would
help here?  Does the Debian system need to have kernels made
differently from other Linux kernels (e.g., directory
differences?)?

Art