Re: Communicator Installation

I followed the instructions from the previous mail and got the following result:

gzip: stdin: unexpected en of file
tar: unexpected EOF on archive file
tar: child returned status 1

I have also tried to install Communicator 4.0 to see if that works, it didn't.

I have also tried, dpkg -i netscape-unpacked.9955/ and got this:

dpkg-split: error reading netscape-unpacked.9955/: Is a directory
dpkg: error processing netscape-unpacked.9955/ (--install):
          subprocess dpkg-split returned error exit status 2

I also thought maybe something was wrong with the Netscape installation program so I
deleted it and reinstalled it and now it doesn't work properly.  There is no info (in
dselect) when I highlight the Netscape installation program and when I try to install
the Communicator file dselect won't configure it.  In other words when I select
"install" the next selection that comes up is "delete" (instead of "configure") and
when I select "configure" it goes back to "delete."   I spent lots of hours installing
and reinstalling windows 95 because of crashes.  This system I am spending hours
trying to install, something.  Almost every scrap of my free time is spent in Linux.
It has become an obsession.  It better not crash for four years with the time I'm
spending on it.

I have to tear myself away for three days, damn holiday:)  I will be monitoring email
though, so feel free to respond if someone has a clue as to what is going on with my
Linux.
Thanks,
Kent