NFS problems, cannot mount-permission denied

Hello Debian Land...

I am trying to set up NFS between to Debian Linux 'Hamm' boxes.
I have followed all the instructions in the NFS Howto, but
always run into a permissions problem.

Basic overview of steps taken:

* edited /etc/exports file and added the following line:

/nfs/export myclientname(rw)

* rebooted the machine to make extra sure that portmap, nfsd and
mountd would take notice of the changes (they all run from
scripts in the init.d stuff)

* tried to mount the exported path on my client machine as
follows:

mount -o rsize=1024,wsize=1024 myserver:/nfs/export /mount/point

In reply I got the following message:

mount: myserver:/nfs/export failed, reason given by server:
Permission denied

* I tried this as root and as user 'js' (using an fstab entry
and adding user to the options) but still had the same problem.
On the server the directory permissions are as follows:

drwxrwxrwx   3 root     root         1024 Dec 20 16:12 nfs/

drwxrwxrwx   2 js       js           1024 Dec 20 16:06 export/

Does any one have any clues as to what is wrong ????
--
John Stevenson, Objective Alliance: www.oa.nl
"Its grip'd, its sorted.."