Re: Networking on/off-line.

jd? writes:
> ...i would also like to setup an internet connection via a modem on
> a debian box with ip masq but the ip that this box obtains is dynamic from
> my dialup.

ip-masq will handle that just fine.

> This is where my confusion arises....how do i need to setup the other
> non-deb boxes so that they may surf the net also?  DHCP?

You could use DHCP, but it would be simpler just to give all the machines
on your LAN static addresses in one of the unrouted networks such as 10 or
192.168 .  You may want to run named on the Debian box.

> On the other hand , when off-line hand i would also like to be able to
> let users on the non-deb boxes to telnet to the deb boxes when off-line.

No need to do anything special for this.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)