Re: How do I set up process on login?

On Wed, Dec 23, 1998 at 09:55:11AM +0000, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> I have a script file that I want to run whenever someone logs in.  It
> reads an anniversaru file and lists any anniversarys for the month.  If
> I put  'exec anniversary' in the .bashrc or .bash_profile file the
> script will run but then the login process stops and goes back to
> "login: ".  How do I set this up so that this program runs everytime
> someone logs in.
Just omit the 'exec '

> Also, how could I set this up in 'anacrontab' so that
> it prints the results of this script file to the screen of all users,
> including root, instead of mailing the results out?
Print it to the screen when they are working there? It's a bit rude but try
wall

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *