How do I set up process on login?

I have a script file that I want to run whenever someone logs in.  It
reads an anniversaru file and lists any anniversarys for the month.  If
I put  'exec anniversary' in the .bashrc or .bash_profile file the
script will run but then the login process stops and goes back to
"login: ".  How do I set this up so that this program runs everytime
someone logs in.  Also, how could I set this up in 'anacrontab' so that
it prints the results of this script file to the screen of all users,
including root, instead of mailing the results out?

Thanks,

Lance