Re: Communicator installation again

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Jesse Evans wrote:

> Kent,
>
> 	Here's what worked for me (I recently upgraded to slink; this
>         may not all be available otherwise... AFAIK):
>
>         I used apt-get to install the following:
>
>         netscape-base-45
>         netscape-java-45
>         communicator-base-45
>         communicator-smotif-45
>         navigator-base-45
>         navigator-smotif-45
>         navigator-nethelp-45
>
>         There were some dependencies, which apt-get took care of, and I
> was off and running!  :-)

IIRC, Kent is using hamm, and therefore probably doesn't have apt-get yet.
And, last I heard, he doesn't have his dial-up working on the Linux side
yet.

Kent, once you get a bit more grounded in Linux, this apt-get method that
Jesse suggests will become your friend. However, for now, I think I'd
recommend sticking to the dselect method. No use in adding yet another
learning task to your already quite-full plate :-)