Communicator Installation

Hi, I'm trying to install Communicator 4.5 and can't get anywhere.  I
downloaded the file with Lynx from the netscape ftp site.  The file was
saved in /root/communicator-v45-export.x86-unknown-linux2.0.tar.gz
I'm thinking the file shouldn't be in /root when I try to install it,
maybe it doesn't matter?  I tried moving it with mv 'file name' /usr and
I get a not valid command, another time I just got the root prompt #
back.  I do a search "locate communicator" and it still shows the file
is in /root/ comm....
I tried to use gzip as the HOWTO page from the netscape site, gzip -dc
'file name.tar.gz /usr that didn't do anything.  How do I open and
install this file?
Thanks,
Kent