Re: gtkicq

"Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella" <zorzella@iname.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a debian/frozen dist, and my gtkicq stopped working. I found
> out that some of the libs that it needs are not present in the system
> anymore.
>
> $ ldd -v /usr/local/bin/gtkicq
> ldd: version 1.9.9
> (...)
>         libgtk-1.1.so.2 => not found
>         libgdk-1.1.so.2 => not found
>         libgmodule-1.1.so.3 => not found
>         libglib-1.1.so.3 => not found
> (...)
>
> Frozen now has newer of all these libs...
>
> Why does debian not keep these old libs available for program that
> needs them? (oldlibs?)
>
> Is there a way around for me?

Download the source and compile it.
To minimize problems with dependencies bump the version to a NMU.
(Oh, sorry that was Debianspeak. Here the translation:
To minimize collisions with later uploads and to circumvent the
checking of dependencies for your personally compiled gtkicq, change
the version number to that of a non maintainer upload
(e.g. gtkicq_0.57-1 to gtkicq_0.57-1.1) edit .../debian/changelog for
this. )

HTH,

Jens
--