Re: sb awe 64 value isa-pnp and wavetable-midi problems

Peter Berlau wrote:

> sfxload synthgm.sbk only produces segmentation fault
> with no file-argument it works,
> message:
> sfxload
> <SoundBlaster EMU8000 (RAM 512k)>

Hmmm...just a thought, but are you sure that the sound bank you are
trying to load is a proper sound bank? Could it be too large to fit in
the sound card's memory? I load a file called 4gmgsmt.sf2 which came
with my Win95 drivers. You might try that.

Too, be honest, I do not know what could be causing the seg fault.
Usually the program will just give error messages for when I do
something wrong.

> What do I wrong
> I have a SB AWE 64 value isapnp,
> must I configure the sfxload ??

I did no configuration. It worked right out of the package. The only
difference I have i sthat I use the Awe64 Gold as opposed to the value.

Sorry I cannot be much more help.

--
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu