Re: WP8 - now does it *read and write* Word docs?

On Mon, Dec 21, 1998 at 11:03:32AM +0100, Chang, FKK wrote:
|Hello all,
|
|All the ranting about Corel's misleading strategies aside, before I download
|it (paying by the minute, you know), I'd like to know:
|
|1) does it load Word 95 (or 97) docs *correctly* ?
|2) does it write these *correctly* ?
|3) can it cope with "fastsave" docs *correctly*?

1. WP8 can't handle fastsave docs.
2. I have a Word file (can't figure out which version it is), when WP8
   tries to read it, it segfault. (For other files I tried it handles
   them correctly).

|With `correctly', I mean "does it also understand some done-by-myself
|meddling with normal.dot and strange objects like embedded .bmps
|in such a fashion that what comes out of the printer does
|look in some way like what I see on the screen etc, etc, ..."
|(I had *quite* some problems in StarOffice with this)

Don't know the answer of this one...

--
Rgds,         [ E-mail: hajime@asunaro.ml.org / ICQ UIN: C30E6 ]
Anthony.      [ http://icqtrack.hk.st -- Track your ICQ friend ]