Re: Interaction btw. Mylex Flashpoint LW and 3c509 ??

On Sat, Dec 19, 1998 at 07:38:44PM +0100, Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:

> I've just installed a SCSI host adapter "Mylex Flashpoint LW (BT-950)"
> into my computer. Everything seemed ok until I realized that the
> Ethernet card, 3COM 3c509, ISA, _not_ plug and play, has stopped
> working. The network card is recognized by the kernel but no data goes
> over it.

> I can't see any obvious IRQ od I/O conflict:
>
> root@penny:/proc # cat interrupts
>            CPU0
>   0:     320416          XT-PIC  timer
>   1:       4486          XT-PIC  keyboard
>   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>   3:       7673          XT-PIC  serial
>   4:       1678          XT-PIC  serial
>   8:          0          XT-PIC  rtc
>  10:          0          XT-PIC  3c509
>  11:        144          XT-PIC  BusLogic BT-950
>  12:      25284          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
>  13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
>  14:      10354          XT-PIC  ide0
>  15:          7          XT-PIC  ide1
> NMI:          0
Looks like the 3c509 does not see the interrupts.
Could you look at the BIOS PnP/PCI settings. IRQ 10 must be marked as
legacy/old/non-PnP ... Depends on what configurational choice your BIOS
offers to you. An "auto" setting will probably come out wrong.

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *