Re: WP 8 problem

In a message dated 12/18/98 3:10:06 PM Central Standard Time,
wtopa@ix.netcom.com writes:

> > 1) The filenames are in lowercase to begin with, I really can't see
>  > complaining if your download changed the case of the names.  Granted, the
>
>  What?  Do you mean you got gui00.gz, gui[1-6]0.gz and not GUI[0-6]0.GZ
>  files?  You didn't, like all the others who mentioned this, get Upper-Case
>  files?

That's exactly what I mean.  I downloaded gui0-6.gz AND guilg00.gz and got all
lowercase file names - using IE 4.01 (yah, on my Win95 box).

> > 3) The install instructions at download time specifically say gunzip it,
then
> > tar it.

> I have the printed page of the download screen in front of me.  As I
> had plenty of reading time :-( , I have read it more then once.  I am
> unable to find the info that says to gunzip the files.  Which BTW was
> false anyway as the files were only tar'ed.  I do see tho that the
> single file is listed at 23.6 Meg.  Others report it to be 27 Meg.

Yah, I don't know where the got 27M, mine was 23.6, or 23.2 for the 7 parts.
Also, the directions on download.com said to gzunzip then tar the files.

-Jay