Re: fte error

On Sat, Dec 19, 1998 at 01:52:32PM -0500, Yuri Niyazov wrote:
> A problem I'd like to verify here before I submit a bug report:
> I am running kernel 2.1.131 with vesa framebuffer as my console
> (1024x768x8) and I get the little Penguin Linux logo on boot. however,
> my favorite editor is fte - i used it as both my X editor (fte) and my
> console editor (vfte). the version of fte-console installed is
> 0.46b5-4.2 It no longer works when my console is in graphics mode (vesa
> framebuffer) typing in vfte just returns me to my prompt. Anyone else
> experience this?
> Yuri Niyazov

I'de imagine it is not really a bug but a lack of support for vfte to use
the vc's when you are in vesa mode. vfte might not be able to handle this
new mode. The fte maintainer is working to release a fte-slang package
which doesn't use the virtual console device so it should still work with
this (plus it isn't suid root :)

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org