Re: Serial consoles

I would suggest an upgrade to slink (2.1) before running the development
kernels. I am running slink with 2.1.131 + a couple of performance patches
here without any issues. (The patches are Stephen Tweedie's page-cache
patch and the swapin-readahead-8.patch that I think came from Rik).
2.1.131 builds just fine with Debian-2.1 and I have had it to a load of
over 50 and used all available VM (try starting the SQL interface from
WingZ and see if it works for you) without crashing the system.